Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Master Caster
馃枻馃挃馃挋 3 Beautiful OBXTs
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About the best AWD in action. There are many sweet spots and Easter Egsgs in this one...

I have an opening shot ... "Sweet Spot" fpor the (2) 2005-2006 Legacy GTs. You can see the crushing rear bias in action. The Mud, and sometimes ... rain can confuse it for a split second. But then ... LTFO ... slingshot engaged...

Mike Honcho ... lol.

Registered
2010 2.5 CVT Limited
donuts are fun, but the white OB that unsticks itself at 1:42 was impressive. I thought he was a goner for sure.

Question: can the 4th and 5th gens with the massive front bias even do donuts? My experience trying to do donuts with FWD is just massive power understeer and an ever-widening circle. Not very fun.

Super Moderator
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
....the white OB that unsticks itself at 1:42 was impressive. I thought he was a goner for sure..
You'll note he was initially pointing his front wheels into a small bank of mud on his left. He got it free by turning them to the right and directing the thrust along the direction of the pre-formed rut in the road.

Brucey
'17 3.6
donuts are fun, but the white OB that unsticks itself at 1:42 was impressive. I thought he was a goner for sure.

Question: can the 4th and 5th gens with the massive front bias even do donuts? My experience trying to do donuts with FWD is just massive power understeer and an ever-widening circle. Not very fun.
I believe that guy posts here.

You can do donuts in a Gen 5 if you take the brake light fuse out.

Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Limited Eyesight - Remote Start - Auto Dimming In/Outside Mirrors
About the best AWD in action. There are many sweet spots and Easter Egsgs in this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avXhfW9BdhY

I have an opening shot ... "Sweet Spot" fpor the (2) 2005-2006 Legacy GTs. You can see the crushing rear bias in action. The Mud, and sometimes ... rain can confuse it for a split second. But then ... LTFO ... slingshot engaged...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T7af3fhf1Q

Mike Honcho ... lol.
There is some language is the first one ... not safe for work.

Registered
2005 Outback 3.0R VDC/VTD/LSD 5eat , 2.8'' lift
donuts in snow even fwd can do , but if newer outbacks have more front split by default it would be difficult to do donuts on grass or mud . mine does perfectly with VDC off , as it have more to rear split . Newer cars are going for safety and economy they mostly are less fun.

Registered
2016 Outback Slate Gray 3.6R Limited w/ Eyesight

4th gen... yes donuts no problemo. 5th gen... we will have to find out. The key to doing donuts in a FWD is that you actually do them in reverse which takes quite a bit of skill... this can also be accomplished by yanking the hand brake.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts