Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone confirm the torque spec of front brake caliber mounting bolt, i.e., the M12x29 connecting caliber assembly to the support?
My spec says 88.5 ft-lb but I am not sure whether it is correct --- I've already broken one! :crying:

Outback 2012 2.5 Limited

·
Registered
2019 Outback 2.5i base
445 Posts
Can anyone confirm the torque spec of front brake caliber mounting bolt, i.e., the M12x29 connecting caliber assembly to the support?
My spec says 88.5 ft-lb but I am not sure whether it is correct --- I've already broken one! :crying:

Outback 2012 2.5 Limited
Not my words, but I'm taking the liberty to post this to possibly help a fellow Subaru DIYer:

"If 10 people take the same clicker- type torque wrench and all try to generate the same torque, chances are there will be a wide range of measurements. How can that be if the wrench is set on one point? It can be safely assumed that some will pull the wrench at different angles, some will pull with the wrench unlevel, and some will pull at different points on the handle. All these factors will change the amount of torque being applied. It is imperative that the wrench be kept as level as possible and that the force applied at the handle is routinely applied in the middle of the handle."

·
Registered
1999 30th Anniversary Legacy Outback DOHC 2.5L 4EAT, 2008 Impreza WRX 2.5L 5MT, 2008 Impreza Wagon 2.5L 4EAT
1,224 Posts

Outback 2012 2.5 Limited
You mean the bolt that attaches the caliper bracket to the knuckle (the broken one)? That one is 88.5 ft/lbs. The one that mounts the caliper to the bracket is 25 ft lbs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts