Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a question regarding an aftermarket touch-screen for a 2012 Outback Premium.

I'm very picky about interior, and I really want a touch-screen or navigation as an aftermarket alternative stereo.

With that said, I also want a very flush look that doesn't stand out.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Price isn't a huge concern. I'm more concerned with the flush look.

I don't necessarily have to have the navigation function.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

·
Registered
2011 Subie 3.6R Limited 2013 Cmax e=nergi PHEV
824 Posts
Get the separate Nav. I cannot recommend the Garmin 3490LMT enough.
Fast, fantastic voice recognition, lifetime updates and EcoRoute HD if you want it.

Made the mistake of getting the combined Nav/Unit on the new plug in Ford Cmax Energi due to other package googaws that I went for. Mistake. Should have gone base. The Nav is shite compared to my garmin.

Good luck finding the best touch screen dash mount infotainment head unit for your OB, but I would keep the Nav separate.

Oh, Welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5 i Premium
474 Posts
The problem with a touchscreen head unit is that it's not going to be flush. Many have a screen that's adjustable so you can get a similar angle. It's ultimately up to the mounting kit you use.

Brig is on the money with the portable Nav. You hook it up when you need it and stow it when you don't. Most come with lifetime map updates so they're cost effective as well.

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Limited Carbide Gray
832 Posts
The add on Nav is a good idea for the lifetime updates as noted above, and most if not all installed aftermarket units will be a paid yearly updates. I've got a Kenwood unit in our OB and I think it looks good, and it uses Garmin for the Nav software. I have an Alpine in my Accord and the Nav updates are slow to come and aren't always worth paying for yearly. I looked into both options and feel that the built in aftermarket option was much more pleasing to the eye rather than a tacky add on/suction cup on the glass or some stick on mount on the dash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts