Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
  • Submissions are now being taken for JUNE OUTBACK OF THE MONTH
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Outback 2.5i
110 Posts
We've towed our Fleetwood Yuma popup at least a dozen times with our OB. It works great. The popup weighs 1700lbs empty leaving us plenty of capacity for cargo and people. I've never encountered a problem. The popup has brakes so we installed a brake controller and braking has been fine.

Outside of this country the OB has a higher tow rating just like every other vehicle out there. I stay well below the 2700lb capacity but I wouldn't worry about getting close to the limit. I think the biggest factor is the mass of the OB keeping everything stable. Doesn't the forester have the same drivetrain but a lower towing capacity?

I inquired with the dealer about a transmission cooler and was told there isn't one available. I've never seen a temperature warning while towing and haven't had to add coolant.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.