Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
  • Submissions are now being taken for JUNE OUTBACK OF THE MONTH
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5i All-Weather+Moonroof Venetian Red Pearl W/ Ivory Coth
571 Posts
I have been looking at popups as well. There are some threads on this. What I have been told is that you would be fine on flat ground going 60 mph and under, but if you want to go through some hills that 2000 lbs amplifies quickly as you start climbing or decending. I am still searching, but I have settled on looking at the following to tow with our 2013 2.5i Outback with a CVT: LivinLite Quicksilver 8.1 or 10.0 [The 8.1 is 865 lbs dry and has a Queen bed on one end, twin on the other with a full size bed convert dinette, The 10.0 has 2 Queens and a full dinette bed and is under 1200 lbs], Starflyer 10.0 which has a Queen and a Full and small Dinette bed at under 1100 lbs (really basic), and now I am looking at a used Fleetwood/Coleman Cobalt which is part of their Element/Epic series at a little less than 1300 lbs. It has a Queen on one size and a twin on the other with a small convert dinette. We have two small children so basically anything would work. Also I have heard (and you may google it) the tongue weight is a big deal as Outback tow in the European fashion, i.e. light on the tongue. I have been searching 165 lbs and lighter tongues given that you will also have a propane tank on there. Happy hunting

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5i All-Weather+Moonroof Venetian Red Pearl W/ Ivory Coth
571 Posts
I looked at a 1200 lb dry weight 2010 Coleman (Fleetwood) Cobalt Pop up. I think I love this unit. I see a lot of used ones for sale. It has a Queen bed on one end and a full on the other. It also has a full width DInette that converts to another full size bed. It has a tubular steel frame and no wood framing only wood bed platforms and flooring. I have added this unit to my search criteria along with teh Starflyer 10, and Quicksilver 8.1. Have you ever checked yakaz.com? I have found it to be a good valuable resource in searching for campers. basically what it does is searches all of the classifieds and all of the craigslist sites. Only issue is some postings are already expired, but I still see the value

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.