Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
  • Submissions are now being taken for JUNE OUTBACK OF THE MONTH
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited, with custom-added always-on auxillary power for an inverter, 3x DC jacks, and a radio transciever.
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone here that's towing a horse trailer?

I have a friend who is looking for something (vehicle+trailer) that will tow one horse (uncertain the horses weight off hand, it's a Quarterhorse that's all I know). They were asking me about the towing capacity of the Subaru Outback, I have the 3.6R and it says it's rated 3000 lbs in 2012.

Does anyone know of horse trailers that, when combined with the weight of a horse would be under the towing limit of a 3.6R Outback?

If not, do you have any recommendations of another vehicle that could tow, but also gets good gas mileage and not be too huge for the "daily commute" (we're both software engineers for our day-jobs) when a big truck would be un-neccesary (and 2 cars is impractical in an apartment, then you have to store a car AND trailer vs just finding somewhere to store the trailer)?

·
Registered
2012 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited, with custom-added always-on auxillary power for an inverter, 3x DC jacks, and a radio transciever.
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very good, thanks everyone for your replies! Sounds like the best solution for now is telling them to keep their small car and pay a friend to borrow their truck/trailer or come move the horse for them.

Not sure it's the answer they hoped but right now I don't think multiple cars (car + truck) in an apartment is a very effective solution either.

Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.