Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any luck finding towing mirrors to fit the 2020 Outback? (Ours is the Onyx edition...not sure if they all use the same side mirrors or not). We've tried a couple of the strap-on universal jobs but haven't found one yet that stays secure (due to the odd shape of the Outback mirror).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
https://www.amazon.com/Dometic-DM-2912-Milenco-Towing-Mirror/dp/B019YJCBF4. These will work! I have them but don’t use them. Willing to sell them for 50.00 plus shipping cost. Instead of the mirrors I installed a wireless Camera on the back of the trailer and gives a 180 degree view off who’s behind me.
Thanks, Joe. I may want to take you up on your offer for the Dometics after I look into the rear-view camera idea. I had considered that but was blown away by the price at the local RV yard. Haven't done any research other than that. What did you end up with?

·
Registered
2019 premium outback 2009 matia mx5
81 Posts
Thanks, Joe. I may want to take you up on your offer for the Dometics after I look into the rear-view camera idea. I had considered that but was blown away by the price at the local RV yard. Haven't done any research other than that. What did you end up with?
this is the camera I installed, wasn’t that hard. I have a 13 ft scamp travel trailer and mounted in right above the back window of the scamp. Drill a 1/2 hole above the window, the wire has a rubber grommet for a water tight seal. Then I just tapped into the 12 volt power supply in the trailer. Use an inline switch for the power supply in the trailer so camera can be turned off. The monitor mounts in the car and just plugs into a power port. It really works great! Excellent view of what’s behind the trailer and has night vision. Best upgrades to the scamp no more white knuckle lane changes!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts