Subaru Outback Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 Outback 3.6R Limited w/ EyeSight
257 Posts
When I got my 2020 I was given the option of no maintenance cost for the first 2 years or lifetime warranty of the powertrain. I took the latter but most take the former. I think the car comes with everything else that Toyota Care has doesn't it?
Cool. Was this dealer-specific? I haven't seen anything like that in my area.

I probably would have taken the lifetime powertrain warranty as well, assuming no-cost. The Toyota Care on our Rav4 was basically oil changes and tire rotations for the 2 years but it can add up fast as it takes synthetic oil. We (I) ended up buying the extended Toyota Care to cover her through 4 years / 48k (i think).

·
Registered
104 Posts
Cool. Was this dealer-specific? I haven't seen anything like that in my area.

I probably would have taken the lifetime powertrain warranty as well, assuming no-cost. The Toyota Care on our Rav4 was basically oil changes and tire rotations for the 2 years but it can add up fast as it takes synthetic oil. We (I) ended up buying the extended Toyota Care to cover her through 4 years / 48k (i think).
Yes, it was dealer specific. He was surprised I took the long term warranty. This is my first brand new car.. I guess people dont expect to keep them 5 to 10 years or longer anymore.

·
Registered
104 Posts
There is a press release on the corporate site about it:

Scroll all the way down. I guess is percent 20 ok.. seems like the CEO and board are totally cool with it.

·
Registered
'17 OB 3.6 , '11 OB 2.5 , '11 Legacy 2.5
185 Posts
It's time to enrich this discussion with Scotty's definitive read on Toyo/Honda merger rumors. Think I'll send him some fan mail to get him to comment on the Subaru developments :)
Every time I LOOK at Scotty, he reminds me of Dennis Hopper. Every time I HEAR Scotty, he reminds me of Joe Pesci :)

·
Registered
Outbrat XT, Foz, 3.0R Limited
4,605 Posts
It's time to enrich this discussion with Scotty's definitive read on Toyo/Honda merger rumors. Think I'll send him some fan mail to get him to comment on the Subaru developments :)
Ugh, that guy is an obnoxious windbag.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts