Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Outback 3.6R
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put new aftermarket wheels and tires on including tpms.

After reading a few threads about folks having a hard time finding sensors that work, I bought a set off of amazon for $56 bucks and change for all 4.

They are the "AUTOKAY 4 PCS TMPS"

Had the wheels mounted and balanced with the new sensors at Firestone, and they synced up just fine.. so far.

Will update if anything changes.

·
Registered
2015 Outback 3.6R
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just realized I posted in the wrong section. Mods feel free to move this to right section. Thanks!

·
Registered
'14 Subi OBW, '18 Subi Forester
1,762 Posts
The only folks having difficulty are those with 2018 models. Basically anything from 2008 thru 2017 is interchangeable. For 2018 Subaru adopted a brand new system - different operating frequency and data transmission protocol. The service industry is struggling to catch up and release code to update older instruments.

·
Registered
2015 Outback 3.6R
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only folks having difficulty are those with 2018 models. Basically anything from 2008 thru 2017 is interchangeable. For 2018 Subaru adopted a brand new system - different operating frequency and data transmission protocol. The service industry is struggling to catch up and release code to update older instruments.
Good to know Fibber2. I wasn't aware they changed that for 2018.

Still a great deal compared to the price the tire rack charges for the tpms.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6R Touring
11 Posts
Ordered the same set for my 2017 Outback 3.6R. 2 of them worked while the other 2 didn't work. 1 returned 0 PSI and another was dead. I had to get replacements which was a bit of inconvenience but worked out well in the end.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts