Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Touring, Dark Blue Pearl
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apparently have caught a nail or screw in one of the tires on my virtually new 2018 3.6R (1,300 miles), and have a very slow leak (1-2 psi/day). Normally, I'd just take it to the nearest tire shop to see if they can fix it. Does anyone know whether the Bridgestone Duelers that come standard on the car have a road-hazard warranty, and whether it would be worth it to have the dealer take a look at the car because of the TPMS sensors.

Many thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,259 Posts
Does anyone know whether the Bridgestone Duelers that come standard on the car have a road-hazard warranty...
No, they do not. Read the warranty and maintenance materials you should have received with your new Outback.

·
Registered
Two 2011 Outback 2.5i(base & Premium), one 2015 Outback 2.5i Premium, one 2016 2.5i Premium
127 Posts
Unless you bought the Subaru extended warranty, then you have road hazard on the original factory tires.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unless you bought the Subaru extended warranty, then you have road hazard on the original factory tires.
I did buy the Subaru Gold Plus warranty in April, but I think that it no longer covers tires. I'll check. Many thanks.

·
Premium Member
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,259 Posts
Not any more. That changed with the Subaru Added Security contract form (AS-28) revision dated January 2017.

·
Registered
Two 2011 Outback 2.5i(base & Premium), one 2015 Outback 2.5i Premium, one 2016 2.5i Premium
127 Posts
Not any more. That changed with the Subaru Added Security contract form (AS-28) revision dated January 2017.
Wow, that sucks. The road hazard was one of the big reasons to buy at the time of purchase rather than wait closer to the end of initial warranty. I will have to read the new policy before ordering the next Subaru in a year or so.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6 R Touring
156 Posts
I had a nail in tire - at about 1,500 miles. The TPMS works really great. I took it into Subaru, and they fixed it in about an hour. Cost me $60.

Road hazard is for tires that are significantly damaged - not for a simple puncture.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had a nail in tire - at about 1,500 miles. The TPMS works really great. I took it into Subaru, and they fixed it in about an hour. Cost me $60.

Road hazard is for tires that are significantly damaged - not for a simple puncture.
OP here. Thanks for the info, and it's moot as neither the 2018 version of SAS or the Bridgestone OEM warranty provide road hazard insurance. I'm going to a good local shop, because taking it the dealer is going to add, easily, an hour to the process. Hopefully, it's not a sidewall puncture, because that they cannot fix.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OP here. Turns out it was a pretty big screw in the sidewall, so the tire must be replaced even if my local shop was able to temporarily patch it. As the car has only 1,300 miles, just cheaper to buy another of the same tire (Bridgestone Dueler). Tire Rack won't get any in stock until mid-August(!), so the dealer is the only option. At least the price isn't horrible (and actually cheaper than Tire Rack).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts