Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Outback H6
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cleaning the throttle body and was going to remove the TPS to see if I could see any issues with it. I removed the two screws from the TPS, but it seems to be stuck. The TPS body can move freely, but there seems to be something stopping it from being removed fully. Granted, I did not try very forcefully nor did I want to pry anything for fear of breaking something. Should it be like this, or should it simply come off when the screws are removed?

·
Registered
06 OBW 2.5, 05 Forester, had 03 H6 OBW
5,938 Posts
It has a little spring pressure holding it rotated, but it should pop off fairly easily.
The O-ring is probably just a little stuck, maybe try a little freeing oil where the TPS body meets the throttle body.

·
Registered
2001 Outback H6
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is definitely free from the TB, I can wiggle it around and feel the spring tension. It just doesn't lift free. Since I am not sure what it looks like on the underside, I didn't want to force anything.

My cold idle is a bit high, so I was just going to have a look at it.

Thanks,

·
Registered
06 OBW 2.5, 05 Forester, had 03 H6 OBW
5,938 Posts
There is just a rectangular hole in the TPS that the end of the throttle shaft fits into. Nothing to hang up.

You can test it with it in place, you just have to get the probes onto the connector pins.
Mine was very bad, but still turned smoothly after I removed it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts