Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Outback 3.6R
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone, recently I have been thinking about trading in my 2011 3.6R for a newer year model with Eyesight as my mom just got a 2018 and Eyesight is phenomenal, would be trading mostly for this feature. I just have a few questions for the community.

- Anyone go from a 3.6 to the 2.5? Do you regret it? Possible looking at the smaller power option to save money.

- How is the reliability with the 3.6 mounted to the CVT?

- Has the Eyesight technology changed from model years? Do they all have full Stop and Go functionality?

I appreciate the responses in advance.

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited 3.6r
345 Posts
Hey Everyone, recently I have been thinking about trading in my 2011 3.6R for a newer year model with Eyesight as my mom just got a 2018 and Eyesight is phenomenal, would be trading mostly for this feature. I just have a few questions for the community.

- Anyone go from a 3.6 to the 2.5? Do you regret it? Possible looking at the smaller power option to save money.

- How is the reliability with the 3.6 mounted to the CVT?

- Has the Eyesight technology changed from model years? Do they all have full Stop and Go functionality?

I appreciate the responses in advance.
Yes. completely up to you. Please don't take our word for it. Test drive both see which you prioritize. Power or efficiency.

The High Torque CVT is very strong and very reliable. No concerns here.

Eye sight has improved, 2015 added full auto stop and go in traffic when enabled. Not sure if pre '15 had this. New additions are lane keep assist in addition to warning, as well as high beam assist. Not sure if Auto wipers are now included.
2020 to hopefully see driver awareness camera and stronger auto pilot capabilities similar to Subaru's in other markets.

My advice: wait for new 2019 or 2020 model year Outback. The refresh is just around the corner. If you need a car now then disregard.

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
2019 is a refresh model?
No. 2019 is the last year of the gen 5. Not much different from the '18.

2020 will bring the gen 6 and most likely will no longer offer the 6 cylinder.

·
Registered
2018 Touring 3.6R
903 Posts
2018 was the refresh with some nice updates. 2017 was first year for reverse auto braking and auto high beams.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts