Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Impreza 5-door 2.0i Premium
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just traded my 2005 Ll Bean Outback for a 2012 Impreza. The OB got to be too expensive. I spent over $1500 a year since 2007 on repairs (in addition to maintenance). My mechanic had begun to refer to me as Mr. Unlucky. He and the Subaru dealer agreed that I got a lemon. I believe that was the case. Most people with OB's say they last forever if treated and maintained well. I maintained mine regularly, but it continuously had problems with the front end. I replaced nearly every part of the front end over the years, plus some in the rear, the A/C, and pulleys.

Anyway, I would gladly have gotten another OB, but a year ago I quit my job to return to school full time, so I could not afford a new OB. With my trade, I got the Impreza for decent price, plus an extended 7yr/100k mile warranty. The dealer threw in a free roof rack. The warranty should ensure I make it through grad school with $0 in maintenance bills. And my dealer offers free lifetime oil changers to repeat buyers like me. So I should be set. Looking forward to saving some money :)

·
Registered
2007 OBXT. Nothing performance-wise, YET.
10 Posts
Did you have a carfax for it by any chance? Or did you buy it new. I'd be curious if it were in a front end collision at some point.

·
Registered
2012 Impreza 5-door 2.0i Premium
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought it used in 2007, so it was 2 years old then. There was a Carfax report that showed no problems, and the previous owner had all maintenance done at the dealer where I bought it.

Who knows? Obviously, there was something wrong with the car. But I was never able to figure out how it all got started.

·
Registered
2005 LL Bean
35 Posts
I just got an '05 LL Bean, but I'm 100% sure it wasn't the same one. With 79k miles, the maintenance seemed pretty regular. It's from a family member. I actually inspected the car several years ago before they purchased it used.
Anyways, how many miles did you have on your OBean?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts