Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, yesterday we made a deal on a 2013 Outback 6 speed premium. :17: The car arrived on Saturday after some anticipation that it will be here this week (my friend works at the dealership as a salesman, and has kept me up to date). We were waiting for a green 6 speed to eventually come before trading our '12 in. In 6 months, we have put over 20K on the '12... so that is over 40K per year. We never intended to keep the '12 long term, although despite the engine mishap, I over maintained it, including air filters early, oil changes with full synthetic way early, etc. We got a **** of a deal on the trade in, and a deal on the 2013. The dealer has gone above and beyond to keep us as a customer and to keep us happy. My wife is thrilled to finally have the color and options that she wants... though if it were me, I would have gotten the same car in a base model, i.e. stripped with zero options, but I am frugal. :p We pick up the new car Saturday AM! :29:

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
20k in 6 mo? I'd been tempted to go with used cars on that kind of mileage.

So did you notice any differences between the two?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I would do used but my wife drives all hours of the day and night and has a 120 mile a day round trip commute, sometimes more, and due to our extremely rural location, we feel new for her is best. The seats on the 13 are nicer, engine is even easier to change the oil in as the filter is on top of the motor... Timing chain vs belt. We pick it up Saturday am so I can't say much about it yet...

·
Registered
22,836 Posts

Old neighbor runs 35-40K a year handling his private company and stopped buying new cars over 20yrs ago. He buys older Toyota Camry's 80-100K on them and drives them into the ground. His current one is some where around 350,000 miles drives it every day. I would probably do the same if I drove that many miles.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Old neighbor runs 35-40K a year handling his private company and stopped buying new cars over 20yrs ago. He buys older Toyota Camry's 80-100K on them and drives them into the ground. His current one is some where around 350,000 miles drives it every day. I would probably do the same if I drove that many miles.
All of my personal vehicles are used in some respect, but I gotta keep the wife happy. She is very happy to have the exact car that she wants finally, so that is worth it to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
ruso turisto
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing