Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about trading our 2012 Impreza HB for an OB. Reason, it is too small (kids 16,6). I thought I could get used to it (after being in a XC90) but not so much. Love the gas mileage. Driving a loaner OB 2013 right now and love it.

Soft trade in they are saying 16K. After doing research on values (MSRP was 23K, Limited, Moonroof, All weather, upgraded speakers). It is only a year old, 20K all highway (I know they don't care). Should I expect more?

KBB says 19.5 on good condition (mine is between good and excellent).

My husband and son are not so thrilled...apparently I am getting rid of the fun car for a big car....

Thanks!

·
Registered
2010 OB 3.6R limited
3,284 Posts
Thinking about trading our 2012 Impreza HB for an OB. Reason, it is too small (kids 16,6). I thought I could get used to it (after being in a XC90) but not so much. Love the gas mileage. Driving a loaner OB 2013 right now and love it.

Soft trade in they are saying 16K. After doing research on values (MSRP was 23K, Limited, Moonroof, All weather, upgraded speakers). It is only a year old, 20K all highway (I know they don't care). Should I expect more?

My husband and son are not so thrilled...apparently I am getting rid of the fun car for a big car....

Thanks!

whatever your plan is, make sure you think abt your 16 yrs old kid that will be getting a driver license soon!

·
Registered
22,802 Posts

Thanks!
The Impreza is a small fun car - no doubt for regular rear seat use with kids its still on the small size. OB size is a good compromise just for kicks test drive the Legacy too. Humor me and just do it. The Legacy is IDENTICAL to the OB in space you simply lack the hatch. What you get with the Legacy is the fun sporty driving the OB does not have. We own both we pack both the same way - except the dog only gets hauled in the OB. The Legacy is dramatically more enjoyable to drive on road trips and is much more fun than the OB.

So humor your self and do the Legacy test drive. Also just FYI the top of the Legacy trunk is higher than the privacy cover in the OB - meaning the Legacy actually has slightly more hidden from view trunk space than the OB.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts