Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I have the GPS on, sometimes it says, "Traffic Jam Ahead".
I continue driving and never encounter any slow traffic.
How far ahead will the GPS find traffic on my route?
What is the farthest it will detect traffic?

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Limited EyeSight NAV Push Start Twilight Blue
12 Posts
There's a firm ware update out that addresses the issue of better updating of traffic alerts. I had it installed last week at dealer but have not experience and effect yet because we haven't been on the interstate and utilized the traffic alerts.

·
Super Moderator
2016 3.6 Limited with ES
2,693 Posts
It seemed that if I was on a 500 trip it showed every single problem for the entire length instead of those within my wingspan.

I believe the update addresses that since after a service call that no longer happens but I can't tell how many miles it projects ahead.

·
Registered
2019 Outback 3.6R Limited Eyesight, 2018 Legacy 3.6R Eyesight
273 Posts
On a recent trip to AZ for Spring Training, my nav alerted me to "traffic jams" in the middle of the desert but stayed silent when I approached gridlock through Denver. After driving 500 miles from Albuquerque, it was frustrating that it did nothing to warn me about Front Range bumper-to-bumper. Maybe it considered the traffic "normal" for Denver these days....

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5 Limited with Nav, Premium Audio and Eyesight
81 Posts
The alert comes from the Sirius XM Traffic and weather feature. I had a 4 month trial of the music feature but it turns out I had a three year "trial" of the traffic and weather. The information is updated from various sources such as google maps traffic and Waze traffic and various other means, and can take some time to reset back to normal traffic by the time it gets pushed to Sirius XM and finally your vehicle.

David

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited w/ES, Wilderness Green
565 Posts
I found the feature useless. It never once gave me an accurate traffic forecast. Made it pretty easy for me to drop the Sirius XM subscription.

·
Super Moderator
2016 3.6 Limited with ES
2,693 Posts
I found the feature useless. It never once gave me an accurate traffic forecast. Made it pretty easy for me to drop the Sirius XM subscription.
I think Waze is more useful and accurate. Your point is well taken.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts