Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2011 Outback 2.5i Premium, CVT, Steel Silver, all-weather package. Upgrades: Tweeter kit, BlueConnect, media hub, remote start, Curt 2" receiver hitch.
1,127 Posts
I know you've already bought the controller and wiring, but just for general knowledge, there is a Prodigy controller that is wireless. There is a box that mounts to the trailer, and then a controller that just plugs into a 12v outlet in the car. It is proportional, and can be manually actuated like the other Prodigy controllers. The main downside is cost... I is $299. However, it may be cheaper than buying a good controller AND having it installed. Plus, it is easy to move the controller from one tow vehicle to another.

· Registered
2011 Outback 2.5i Premium, CVT, Steel Silver, all-weather package. Upgrades: Tweeter kit, BlueConnect, media hub, remote start, Curt 2" receiver hitch.
1,127 Posts
Every state is different. In Maryland, a trailer over 3,000 pounds needs brakes. However, ANY trailer (even under 3,000 pounds) that has brakes MUST have a breakaway device. Not that trailer laws are enforced all that carefully, though.

My new trailer doesn't have brakes, but it does have the backing flanges on the axle. I'm considering adding brakes to it. I'll probably do it once I find a nice way to install a P2 or P3 controller.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.