Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where have you mounted/ran the location of the male side of the plug?
do you close it in the lift gate?
do you drill a hole into your floor and drop it to the outside?

ideas and photos please:D

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
Been leaving it in the spare tire bin since 2001 with the subarus. Use the hatch to pin it down when being used which is great for positioning it away from the hitch to avoid getting pinched wires. Zero issues and prefer this over the plug run outside and mounted to the tow bar. Both trucks I've had the stupid plug in the hitch bar, it always fails when its dark and raining out and I end up replacing the plug every couple of years. Not to mention the dumbest thing ever is the plugs being mounted right next to the hitch. I keep a roll of electrical tape in the truck so I can tape up the wires and keep them out of the hitch so they don't get pinched. Way back in the day we had real bumpers and the plug was mounted to the side and up high so you didn't have any issues with your wires getting pinched.

With the Subaru the plug gets installed once and never an issue again and its always clean and fully functional. And the hatch lets you position the wires out of the way of the hitch without using tape.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts