Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to wire my 07 LL Bean for a trailer and just looking to confirm where the wiring is on it. I think it is suppose to be behind the passenger side right rear quarter panel tucked deep in the frame. Can anyone confirm this before I start ripping the rear cargo area apart? Thanks for any heads up.

·
Premium Member
7,529 Posts
I think it's on the other side; i.e. rear cargo area / behind the driver / quarter panel. At least that's where it was on my 2005 Forester, 2010 Forester and 2013 Outback. Some Subarus have that plug next to the wheel well/spare tire. If you go to etrailer.com and input your model and year of your car, it will show where the plug is! etrailer.com has a harness/wiring with the plug that fits exactly to OEM plug!
Before you start ripping panels out, have a look in the spare tire area/driver's side.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi there!

On my '07 OB LL Bean, it was on the driver's side rear quarter panel. I took the lower trim off, and there was an unused plug waiting for my harness. Very nice. I routed the harness under the trim through a rubber grommet in the trunk pan. I did trim on the foam spare tire well cover to give the harness a bit of room, if I remember right, but it wasn't a big deal to get it like I wanted it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
boblesk
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing