Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Board,

I recently bought a new to me 2011 Outback to use as a daily driver going back and forth to work. I've only had it 2 weeks, but I really like it.

I will be going on vacation in a couple of weeks and would like to trailer my boat. With gas, motor, 2 batteries, and gear I would put the gross weight at less than 1800 pounds. I only have a Class 2 hitch on the car, so I bought a 1 1/4 to 2 inch receiver adapter. Everything I have read about the car says that 2700 pounds is the limit, so I know I'm safe there. I've always towed with a hitch that has a 2 inch receiver, and while the tongue weight and overall weight of the towed boat fall well within the limits of a Class 2 hitch, I figured I'd ask in case there are any things I need to consider before I hit the road?

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Harrisburg, PA :)

·
Registered
776 Posts
Nope. Looks like you are G2G. Exercise due prudence as you would towing with any other vehicle and have fun.

I'm not clear why you were compelled to get the 1.25x2" adapter, but that's neither here nor there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I bought the 1 1/4 to 2 adapter because I didn't want to have to buy a 1 7/8's and 2 inch hitch bar to fit the 1 1/4 hitch since they cost more than the adapter, and I already have 2 inch versions of them with hitch balls on them.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Harrisburg, PA :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts