Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello this is my first post.
I have a few questions about trailing arm adjustments. I love the 13 outback and will most likely going to buy a 13 3.6R limited with the special appearence package. What i keep seeing is that the tire and wheel is really close even without a lift. With my obs and the forester suspension i was able to adjust (center) the rear wheels with trailing arm brackets. Is there a way to do it with the 4th gen? If not is there a way to make something that will be able to center the rear wheels?
thanks

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
619 Posts
Didn't spot this thread... Take a look in the Gen 4 section. Try HERE

After lifting mine (approximately 2 inches) the rear wheel was very close to the fender. I lowered the sub frame, first with washers, later with a kit from Primitive Rally. Lowering the rear sub frame moved the mounting points closer to the stock height, and moved the wheels closer to center.

The best solution would be an adjustable trailing arm. Which I haven't been able to find. Yet.

·
Registered
2011 2.5i base
270 Posts
Didn't spot this thread... Take a look in the Gen 4 section. Try HERE

The best solution would be an adjustable trailing arm. Which I haven't been able to find. Yet.
I found a company willing to make arms or brackets or whatever it takes to fix the problem, but they need a set of trailing arms at their shop to fabricate them and I don't have an extra set laying around. The same shop will also make you true bolt in air struts for the outback.. they already have the strut hat templates to make the kit bolt in.

No affiliation with them, but I think air struts will be the next suspension investment to be able to handle a roof top tent and the extra weight of long expeditions.

Air Suspension Pros | Find Quality Suspension Lowering & Lift Kits

1 - 4 of 4 Posts