Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Outback Limited 255k miles
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any trails in or around WV? Also is there any like official driving club like Jeep has?

·
Registered
26 Posts
There was some beautiful scenery off of several of the forest roads around snowshoe. I was up there last summer to see Rally West Virginia. Nothing exciting, just plain gravel roads, but the scenery was gorgeous.

My brother and I made a wrong turn and came across a house that had a bear caged up next to it....we promptly left.

·
Registered
OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
12,391 Posts
Welcome, I'm in Morgantown. Some friends have done some basic drives on power line right of ways out in Preston county somewhere...off route 7 east I believe, I can ask as I haven't been there with them.

There are public lands west of Morgantown. Take 19 North through west over and then right I think on Little Indian Creek and it's on the right. I've only been there a couple times. There's not a lot of trails, but the main ride up into and out of the property can get really rutted, muddy and plenty to stick a rig in.

Out 43 and the Cheat Lake area is Darnell Hollow...I can't recall if the people there are scary or that's where friends went off roading as well...or both? I haven't been there but friends talked about it a lot.

Coopers Rock exit on I68 east you can cross over the insterstate (heading away from the main Coopers Rock area/Lookout), road ends, turn right, then take an immediate left I believe. That winds down around the woods and has some trails...again not super extensive but some light playing around maybe and some good hiking if you want to park and walk around some.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts