Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though both our 2017 Outback and 2016 Legacy track straight, my wife reports a need to grip the wheel tightly a lot of the time, and we think the issue appears most prominently on grooved highways. The tendency for a car to follow grooves, whether designed in or random cracks, is called tramlining apparently. I am beginning to wonder if tramlining in our cars is tire related (wasn't sure, so did not go to Tire forum). Over-inflated tires cause this problem, but so do tires with stiff sidewalls and shoulders. These new-car Bridgestone Sport tires seem to fit the bill on that, or do they? Does anyone have comments on tramlining and its causes in Subarus, perhaps described as twitchy steerign? What about anyone's experiences with changing from the factory tires to ordinary non-sport tires without exceptional stiffness. There would be a less sporty feel, but perhaps less tramlining too?:nerd:

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,322 Posts
what cars did you have before that you think a subaru is riding sporty?

typically people do not call subaru factory tires sporty,
they just hate them as they don't last, and suck on snow in their second year like any typical all season. (speed rating on not).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tramlining

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
what cars did you have before that you think a subaru is riding sporty?

typically people do not call subaru factory tires sporty,
they just hate them as they don't last, and suck on snow in their second year like any typical all season. (speed rating on not).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tramlining
LOL, was thinking the same thing as I read that post. I personally have no issues with the factory Bridgestone Duelers but there is nothing sporty about them. Of course there is nothing sporty about the OB.

Guess we need to feel bad for folks that never get the chance to experience sports cars or spend their lives driving 4 cylinder cars. >:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts