Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As long as I am posting, my 04 new VDC makes a noise everytime I back up, quiet on the rode, the dealer tells me all the subs make tranny noise if not warmed up? Do not notice in my wife's LL BEan, anyone know what I am talking about; not quite a thump but like a slight grind? Dogdoc

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure

John, not sure it is tranny and not brakes, just what service advisor says? Dogdoc

·
Registered
50 Posts
I tried to pay attention to this matter this morning. We don't get many cold nights this time of year in Florida. This morning was in the upper 30s, so it took longer for my OBXT to warm-up. Tranny noise was there, shifting was stiff as well. Shifting was fine after a minute of moving, and noise was gone after two minutes. Seems fairly normal to me.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
nolescorp said:
We don't get many cold nights this time of year in Florida. This morning was in the upper 30s, so it took longer for my OBXT to warm-up.
Wow, that would be T-Shirt weather for us right now. You should try -30s!

You can hardly move the clutch, shifter, or eve sterring wheel. Your engine spounds like a diesel for the first 5-10 minutes, the hydraulic pumps scream in protest!

The drivetrain is so sluggish that it feels like you just hit the brakes every time you lift off the throttle.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I remember that - I spent the first 14 years of my life in the Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY - i recall plugging in my parents car in the winter. I have to say - I don't miss that too much... oh yeah, we had two subarus then - a legacy wagon and a legacy sedan. Wish I could remember the years....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
nolescorp
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing