Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'18 Tacoma, '16 Legacy, '04 Outback, ''73 MGB Roadster
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my '04 OBW, is there an additional filter inside the pan of the tranny? I'm due for a fluid change, and I'm curious if there's another filter on the pick-up inside the pan, in addition to the spin-on, on the side of the tranny, I've never dropped the pan, so....

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,197 Posts
On my '04 OBW, is there an additional filter inside the pan of the tranny? I'm due for a fluid change, and I'm curious if there's another filter on the pick-up inside the pan, in addition to the spin-on, on the side of the tranny, I've never dropped the pan, so....
rock auto sells things, but not worth buying. nothing in there to change unless you have a trans that needs to go to the crusher.

if you got a subaru OEM trans filter on now, maybe keep it and don't bother changing it if you have not problems.

if you got a aftermarket spin on trans filter get a subaru OEM spin on filter, its a unique long life product, and the aftermarkets are not. (and may not flow right or last as long as the OEM).

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,306 Posts
There is a "rock catcher" screen in the pan. If it needs changing...so does the transmission. Just get a Subaru AT spin on filter and call it done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts