Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Outback onsight...
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got about 24,000 miles on my '03 outback . I got a AT oil temp light on flashing now a CEL code set. The trans oil level is good not, burnt. Now it shifts real hard. I talked to the dealer and one guy said it could be the TCU , I guess they've had some updates lately.
I'm off to the dealer to get it fixed.......:(

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
Please follow up here to let us know what was wrong and what they did to remedy the problem. Thanks. Brian

·
Outback onsight...
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TCU replacement

The dealer is going to replace the TCU. They are sending them back for analysis . Sounds like a common problem AT trans.

·
Outback onsight...
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
update

the dealer scanned/cleared the codes and sent the info back east and the recommendation is to reprogram the TCU. So I got back my car and shifts hard and then drives flawless , intermittant. I'm getting about 19mpg now ! I was getting 23mpg city 26mpg hwy.

They said it will take 3 days to reprogram the TCU!!! I'm thinking yea, how bout ten minutes! So I'll get a rental paid for by Subaru.

Today I got another CEL so I scanned at work with OBDII and got a PO731A- 1st gear ratio incorrect.

I will take it Monday for service . So I guess the Japan built subies must be better.......mine must have been built on a friday before a holiday........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
Scooby
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing