Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
02 Subaru Outback 2.5. Former car 05 2.5RS Impreza. Needed wagon and $$$.
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Bit of a strange question perhaps, but my 2002 OBW is hurting these days, as it's in need of a clutch and there's a bearing going in the front diff which is making a whirring sound, so it needs tranny work.

The question I have is if a transmission out of an Impreza or Forester will fit in my car. I have a 5 spd, and one of the things I don't like about my car is how high it revs on the highway. Having had an Impreza before, I much prefer the taller gearing. I pretty much only drive the car to work and back on the highway, so if I need a transmission, I might as well look for an impreza/forester one if that will work. If this is an option, I'll possibly do the swap and keep the car, if not, she's unfortunately going to be a parts car soon. Too bad cause the rest of the car is in pretty decent shape, but it's not worth much the way it is.
Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
96 Legacy OBW, EJ22 swap, 2" suspension lift, 215/75r15, HIDs, 06 WRX interior swap
335 Posts
not sure on tranny fitment but you will need a rear end to match the front diff gear change if you went with taller gears.

·
Registered
02 Subaru Outback 2.5. Former car 05 2.5RS Impreza. Needed wagon and $$$.
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jeez. That's right. I hadn't considered that. Thanks! That would be an expensive oversight!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts