Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 limit leg back 2.5 4EAT
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.subarupartsforyou.com/cp_partdetail.php?partid=15666

I bought this from these guys and I cant find a phone number to call them. The gasket that came in the kit for the TRANSFER DUTY SOLENOID is a 3 piece gasket. Paper on the outsides and copper in the middle. It seems like someone already cut open my bag for the gasket and the copper section is missing. So now that I have everything apart in the middle of saturday I seem to have been sabotaged!! Awesome... unless this is normal and they did away with it. Anyone who's changed this remember their gasket????

IN LIMBO
ROB

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

See the 3-4 holes across the top are reduced to a pin hole size by the copper middle layer of the gasket. I don't have that for my new transfer valve body.

I mean seriously if this was a copper thief ..... it's like 10 Cents worth of copper!!!! I will have to go to a Subaru dealer tomorrow and get another since they all close at 1pm in SC.:28:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK so it seems the procedure is to scrape the old gasket off and reuse the plate. Its wasn't that easy but I cleaned it all off. I was thrown off too because the gasket bag was already cut open. Either way I finished it up after work today. The snap rings for the clutch pack were pretty tough to get down. I don't have a work bench right now but I did get them pressed in enough and the clips on. Everything was pretty easy going back together and the subi is back in the road.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.