Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Outback 3.6R Limited w/ Nav - Azurite Blue
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2011 3.6R and noticed more frequently recently that when I come to a quick stop (say coming off a freeway offramp) the transmission will have a hard time letting go of the last gear and it down shifts (not sure, but maybe from 3rd to 1st). But if I come to a more normal, slightly more gradual stop, this doesn't happen. I can pretty much make it happen by coming to a swift stop from 20-30mph. Not a sudden stop by all means, but a swift one.

I had my transmission fluid drained and filled and did the differentials at 36000 or so.

Anyone?

·
Registered
2011 Outback 3.6 premium, rear sway bar, and way too many accessories. Anything that can make Boston winters more tolerable (e.g. remote start, molded wintertech snow mats etc).
279 Posts
Seems related to TSB 11-104-11 (service bulletin?) that discusses a firmware upgrade to minimize this. (correct me if wrong) There is a long thread discussing this in the forums. I have the exact same clunky problem - have not yet had it done for my car, but it's on my list of things to get done at the dealer, along with the service recall for puddle lights (received mail concerning recall just yesterday), oil change, state inspection, air freshener change :) , etc...

topher

·
Registered
2003 LL Bean Outback H6 and 2019 Outback Base
514 Posts
Love that dirty water................................ahhhhhhhhhhhh BOSTON your my HOME !!!!

Go BRUINS !!

·
Registered
2011 Subie 3.6R Limited 2013 Cmax e=nergi PHEV
781 Posts
I did the TSB flash a few months ago. I stops the clunky downshift when coming to a stop.

Did the ATF and diffs around 36k too. Now at 40k. Needs a set of new meats and leaning towards the Michi Defenders for adequate grip on ice for the generally inadequate all-season tire snow and ice performance - only thing on my mind with regards to the OB right now.

Back to the tranny clunk - get the flash done.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6R Limited w/ Sunroof
58 Posts
How common is this issue on 2013s?

·
Registered
2011 Outback 3.6R Limited w/ Nav - Azurite Blue
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did the TSB flash a few months ago. I stops the clunky downshift when coming to a stop.

Did the ATF and diffs around 36k too. Now at 40k. Needs a set of new meats and leaning towards the Michi Defenders for adequate grip on ice for the generally inadequate all-season tire snow and ice performance - only thing on my mind with regards to the OB right now.

Back to the tranny clunk - get the flash done.
Thanks, will check it out on Monday at the dealer. I didn't know the fix applied to coming to a stop too. Just thought it was for rolling and then gassing it again. Will report back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts