Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,603 Posts
Are you sure that's not the front differential fill tube?

The transmission fill tube is on the drivers side of the transmission (US market) and the front differential is on the passenger side.

·
Super Moderator
9,603 Posts
The transmission fill tube is also a long bent tube and not built into the casing like you've shown.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea your right i didnt see it before thank you! Should i take out the fluid that i put in the other side

·
Super Moderator
9,603 Posts
yea your right i didnt see it before thank you! Should i take out the fluid that i put in the other side
Completely drain the front differential. If you haven't drove it I don't think there is much concern for damage.

I would possibly do an entire fill and drain on the front differential. It's not that expensive.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Completely drain the front differential. If you haven't drove it I don't think there is much concern for damage.

While you d0n't really want to mix much of the 2 oils together, the front ring and pinion will be OK for quite a while with ATF lubing it - a very common thing to do on some lower racing classes to decrease pumping losses. However, I can't vouch for the limited slip ( it kinda depends on the type).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts