Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 with 74k on it. Last few thousand miles the car has developed an annoying lugging between 35-40 mph with light throttle applied (steady speed). In those conditions the engine is turning around 12-1300 RPM and it's like a manual transmission stuck in a gear too high. It's not so much a vibration that you feel in the seat of your pants but more in the ears, if that makes sense. It's similar to a rumble strip. Easiest way to get rid of it is to go manual and kick it to 5th gear which brings the RPM's up to about 14-1500. It's REALLY annoying, the drone is very distracting. Dealer says it's just the torque converter and is normal. That doesn't explain why it's a fairly recent issue? I've seen some other threads, mostly in the Forester boards but no real explanation. My own option is the CVT is is allowing the engine to turn too low of an RPM but I am not sure because I never paid attention to the RPM before this. Any ideas? I do remember getting a communication that Subaru extended the warranty on the transmission. Why?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts