Subaru Outback Forums banner

Transmission or axles?

504 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  eagleeye 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

Came across a post from @rasterman the sounds like it might be what I am dealing with. Heard a small bang/bump on the left side of vehicle and then lost most of acceleration. The vehicle will go backwards and forwards very slowly and when in park it rolls backwards. From rastermans response to another member, I put a fuse in the FWD slot and with rear wheels disengaged, the car would not move. So, now it looks like the from CV, differential or axles. Where would I go from here to diagnos? I have it on jackstands in the driveway, hoping its something I can take care of myself.

Thanks guys.

Rick

#2 ·
What year, model, and engine is this car,...(already presuming it is a automatic).?

#5 ·
what is on there? a nice OEM green cap axle (such are worth rebooting....if you can find someone to do it or DIY it with a subaru boot).

if not I would get a new unused axle from NAPA (one of the only aftermarkets that sells a "new" axle vs. the rest of the things that are remanned...some of them poorly).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.