Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Subaru Outback 3.0R
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to wrap my interior trim pieces. Do anyone know which pieces I can take out and set back in and which I have to do in the car?

·
Registered
2005 OBXT Ltd Obsidian Black 5MT
1,080 Posts
Well, most of them are removable to some degree. What specifically are you looking to wrap? All the wood accents?

·
Registered
2005 OBXT Ltd Obsidian Black 5MT
1,080 Posts
Ah, most of the 3.0's here are LLBean with ugly wood panels.

I think most of them are removable to some degree. Door handles, center console - those are easily removable. What else are you wanting to wrap?

·
Registered
2005 Subaru Outback 3.0R
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah, most of the 3.0's here are LLBean with ugly wood panels.

I think most of them are removable to some degree. Door handles, center console - those are easily removable. What else are you wanting to wrap?
Ahh, thanks. By door handle, do you mean where the window control is? Because it feels fairly solid to me :)

·
Registered
2005 OBXT
165 Posts
Just my two cents, I think if you took a picture and then circled everything you want to wrap it'd help us help you.

·
Registered
2005 Subaru Outback 3.0R
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just my two cents, I think if you took a picture and then circled everything you want to wrap it'd help us help you.
Been fairly busy lately, but here they are :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 OBXT
165 Posts
@Suback 3.0R

So I know the front part of the handle can be gently pryed off, the rest of that section I'm not sure. You might have to take the entire panel off.

I'm jealous of that steering wheel....with the XT Limited with every feature in the book to my knowledge, I'm upset I don't have one now lol so not sure, from other steering wheels normally you can see a seam and they gently come apart.

The chrome piece in the back...not sure.

The center console is easy. Not sure if it differs much with your being an auto, but gently pry underneath the side trim pieces towards the bottom of the shifter. They will pop up, then pull them out straight towards the back of the car. Then you'll make the screws that take everything else apart visible.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts