Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. So I have an I phone 11 and I’m trying to connect to the portable player of the OB. I can connect the phone for calling just fine. I can’t however connect the phone for playing music. Does anyone know what I need to do? Side note I used to have it connected to an Android phone so I know it’s possible.
62F6E80A-DD9F-4235-91DB-D861468AFDB7.jpeg

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the same issue.. from memory, I deleted the phone from the car, and then connected as a Bluetooth device using the player menu. I was then able to re-pair the phone..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes the previous owner of my outback complained of the same thing so had bought an aftermarket transmitter to FM to stream music. When I purchased the car last week it took me a few goes but I got my Iphone 8 connected. There is the portable player connection as well as the bluetooth phone. I noticed that both have the same "car multimedia" name but different passcodes 0000 or 1212. I would go with Grumpygits advice to delete the pairing and portable player, then relink the portable first followed by the bluetooth phone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts