Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Outback VDC H6
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have Hella Supertones running on a Subimods harness on my 2000 Legacy GT. I've had the set up installed for over a year without any issue, but yesterday the horn went out. I checked the fuse and it was blown, and activating the horn blows any new fuse. No changes have been made to the set up. If anyone has any idea what I can do to troubleshoot this it would be appreciated as I'm an apartment dweller without a garage and it's fucking cold out...

·
Registered
Lawn ornament XT
14,366 Posts
Disconnect & check for a short on each of the horns with a meter. Check wiring for abrasions.

·
Registered
2002 Outback VDC H6
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Disconnect & check for a short on each of the horns with a meter. Check wiring for abrasions.
Goes into a relay. I think I found the problem.... Holy corrosion Batman! If I clean this up with that chemical spray you use on battery terminals and reconnect with dielectric grease, think that will solve my problem?

·
Registered
2002 Outback VDC H6
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I may ditch the harness when it's warmer to spend some time on it. I cleaned up the harness with terminal cleaner, new relay and some dielectric grease and we're back in business. Thanks guys

·
Registered
Lawn ornament XT
14,366 Posts
Maybe check the mount orientation? Relays should generally be mounted terminals-down to let any moisture drain out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts