Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback Limited XT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I went to Home Depot and got some lumber, put it in the back and hit the close hatch button. Got in the cart to drive away and the dash said the trunk wasn't closed even though it appeared to be when I turned around.

I came to look and realized the lumber was just a touch too long and prevented the hatch from completely latching. I moved the lumber so it was fully clear, but the trunk would not respond to any of the trunk buttons either on the trunk lid, key fob, or on the front dash. I tried to manually closing the trunk lid, as I have before, but it would not latch.

I tried turning the car off and on, nothing. I got online and explored all the possibilities it might be.

What worked was disconnecting the battery from the car for a few minutes and then reconnecting it. After that, it worked just as usual. Must have reset something. Anyway, I hope this helps someone. Other than that, a super happy Subaru owner!

·
Registered
2020 Onyx XT
369 Posts
One of the first things I learned from this forum is to always keep this handy-dandy liftgate reset key in your glovebox. And ONLY disconnect the negative side.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback Limited XT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One of the first things I learned from this forum is to always keep this handy-dandy liftgate reset key in your glovebox. And ONLY disconnect the negative side.

View attachment 497935
Good to know to only disconnect the negative terminal. I did both and had some sparks. If you don't mind me asking, why only the negative?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts