Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Subaru Outback 2.5i
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Outback on 60k miles. Pads have been changed once. Trying to figure out if it is the time for another one but no luck. I have posted some pictures and appreciated if someone can shed a light.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
(formerly) 03 H6 OBW , (presently) 06 WRX Sportwagon & 2021 Honda CR-V
18,418 Posts
difficult to tell from pics, If 2nd pic actually shows only 2-3mm of pad material, I'd chnage them very soon.

·
Banned
6,264 Posts
difficult to tell from pics, If 2nd pic actually shows only 2-3mm of pad material, I'd chnage them very soon.
+1....if mine looked like the 2nd photo they would have already been replaced.

·
Registered
2011 Outback Premium 6spd
29 Posts
I'd change the rotors along with the pads regardless. They look terrible. It might just be the angle but they look grooved. I can't tell if the pads need replaced for sure. My car has brakes that lasted like 90k miles. But it looks salty where you're at.

I went with Hawk Pads and Stop-Tech rotors on my outback and am very happy. Autozone should carry something that will work probably just as well. I've used whatever bargain brand they have plenty of times and been just fine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I agree that the second picture makes it look like they need a change. In fact, as low as those look, I'm surprised the wear indicator hasn't started squealing. Also, as rusty as your calipers and hardware looks, I would recommend replacing all the hardware, & checking your guide pins carefully. I wouldn't be surprised if those need to be replaced too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts