·
Registered
2017 2.5i Limited with Eyesight
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

Anyone know about this one?

OIL LEAKING FROM AVCS OIL CONTROL VALVE TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN
Reference Number(s): 02-170-17, Date of Issue: September 11, 2017 SUBARU: All Models
APPLICABILITY
All Models with FA or FB Engines
INTRODUCTION

2017 Subaru Outback 2.5L Eng VIN _NA_ 2.5i Limited

This bulletin announces part information for new Active Valve Control System (AVCS) oil control solenoid valves (OCV) which contain a redesigned internal oil seal. The new seal will eliminate potential oil seepage into the wire harness connector portion of the valve. If oil seeps into the connector, over time, the Check Engine lamp may illuminate and set various AVCS-related DTCs.

SERVICE PROCEDURE/INFORMATION
If oil is found in the harness connector during diagnosis of AVCS-related DTCs, replace the affected OCV with a new part as listed in the parts information supplied above. Follow the service procedures as outlined in the applicable Service Manual.
There have been a small number of reports involving engine oil "wicking" past the OCV engine harness connector and into the related wiring harnesses and connectors as shown in the photos below.

If related engine wiring harnesses and/or connectors are contaminated, the harness itself may also need to be replaced if degreasing affected components using a spray parts cleaner is unsuccessful.
WARRANTY/CLAIM INFORMATION
For vehicles within the Basic New Car Limited or Powertrain Limited Warranty period or covered by an active Subaru Added Security Powertrain, Classic or Gold plan, please consult the Labor Time Guide for applicable claim coding information.
IMPORTANT REMINDERS:
SOA strongly discourages the printing and/or local storage of service information as previously released information and electronic publications may be updated at any time.
Always check for any open recalls or campaigns anytime a vehicle is in for servicing.
Always refer to STIS for the latest service information before performing any repairs.

Happy Father's day to all whom have been blessed by this great honor and responsibility.
Semper Fi

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Limited with Eyesight
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am going to the dealer for my last free oil change on Thursday. I will inquire about this and let you all know.

Semper Fi

1 - 3 of 3 Posts