Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While traveling for work, I had numerous new rental vehicles. They all had a feature when you tapped the turn signal left or right, the turn signal would flash three times.

After getting back in my Outback, I realized how much I miss that feature.

I know with my old VW, a company sold a plug-and-play kit to add this feature to mk3 (93-99.5) VWs. Does any such kit exist for the 2nd gen Outback?

·
Registered
14,354 Posts
Somebody worked it out for the 3rd gen cars, sold kits out of his kitchen. Not sure if it is adaptable to 2nd gen outbacks.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Heck, they don't even have this on the 2013s. **** shame 'cause it's a great feature to have for freeway driving.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Heck, they don't even have this on the 2013s. **** shame 'cause it's a great feature to have for freeway driving.

Yeah I even had this in my 09 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited.

I was pretty disappointed when I bought the car and used the blinker for the first time and realized that the 3 blink system wasn't on the car.

SUBARU.. PAY ATTENTION
these are the little things that other car manufacturers are doing.

especially for your Special appearance package...

Also include power folding mirrors in a package like this..

If Subaru would've added a few other things to that package it would be complete.

though I know no one from SUBARU or SOA will ever read this.. It would be awesome if they did and took Note
:29:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
14,354 Posts
Heh, thinking back I realize that I've rented a car with this feature within the past year, and I remember discovering the feature accidentally.

I also remember that I immediately wanted to disable it. I was irritated by the indicators continuing to flash when the stalk was centered in the rental. I didn't like the feeling of reduced control. With the cancellation feature on the autowindow unit, I'd probably be ok though. In the end I think it's a feature I might enjoy on the freeway, but better still if it locked itself out under freeway speed.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
With the cancellation feature on the autowindow unit, I'd probably be ok though. In the end I think it's a feature I might enjoy on the freeway, but better still if it locked itself out under freeway speed.
FWIW... every vehicle I've driven with the tap-to-flash feature cancels the same way as the autowindow unit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
CSFiend
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing