Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Read Only
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning gents, is there a way to turn off the infotainment system completely? On my '16 OB it seems to always come on and stay on after starting engine. I can go into settings to turn off the screen but whatever is playing whether its the radio or Bluetooth connection continues to play.
Is there a way to turn it off completely (like turning off your tv) ? There are times when I just don't want it on at all.

Thanks

·
Registered
'18 Outback Limited/Ex: 2000 Outback Limited
203 Posts
I'm pretty sure there is no way to have it 'stay off'. I just turn the volume all the way down.

I do wish there was a way to have that puppy stay off also.

Bill

·
Premium Member
2015 Legacy 3.6R ES, 2014 Forester Touring ES, 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited
3,239 Posts
Hopefully Subaru will do an update to resolve this in the future if enough people see this is as an issue.

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul!

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Limited
549 Posts
Workaround I know is to select satellite station 0 (silent) and turn off screen with long press on power button before turning off the engine. It should still play that silent station, but screen will be off next time you turn the ignition.

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i Limited, Ice Silver/Black
2,111 Posts
Workaround I know is to select satellite station 0 (silent) and turn off screen with long press on power button before turning off the engine. It should still play that silent station, but screen will be off next time you turn the ignition.
Ugh. That is all...

·
Registered
2016 Outback Slate Gray 3.6R Limited w/ Eyesight
49 Posts
Am I misunderstanding what you are trying to accomplish? Can't you just push the power button on the head unit no mute or go to channel zero. Radio function is now off, but if you want the screen to be off too just go ahead and choose that option from the settings menu (as it seems like you have already found). If you it the power button no music/audio will resume upon a restart of the vehicle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts