Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

This morning, I noticed my X-Mode was on (light flashing on dash) in my 2017 Subaru Outback. When I press the button to try and turn it off, Sadie the Subaru beeps, but X-Mode does not turn off. I tried to "long hold" the button, but nothing happened either.

How do I make this thing turn off?! (I am a new owner, so I am probably missing something). I checked all my manuals and I did not see any pertinent information. Could it turn on automatically and refuse to cut off because of weather conditions? I did have an icy road warning on as well, but I haven't noticed X-Mode on before.

Thanks for the help! I will do my best to provide any additional information. Xx

·
Super Moderator
9,558 Posts
I have never seen x mode flash.

I have noticed the hill descent icon flashing though.

I would actually start with the button itself. Seems like it would be easy to spill something on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have never seen x mode flash.

I have noticed the hill descent icon flashing though.

I would actually start with the button itself. Seems like it would be easy to spill something on it.
Ohhh... well Sadie is pre-owned so it is a possibility, but I know that I haven't spilled anything.

I did not think it relevant, but I saw on another forum that it may flash to bring attention to the "Check Engine Light" on the dash. Which was also on, supposedly because my gas cap wasn't tight enough... In the other post though, her Cruise Control was also flashing with the X-Mode symbol, but mine isn't. The Check Engine light hasn't went away yet, however, the man at Advanced Auto ensured it would after a day or so. He did not know if this would also make X-Mode flash, but all my safety features, such as Eye Sight, are disabled.

Thank you for your response though! I greatly appreciate any insight. I will definitely get the button checked. 😊

·
Super Moderator
9,558 Posts
Well I take it back.

If the check engine light is on all the secondary systems typically turn off. Eyesight, cruise, ABS, x mode.

I would start with the check engine light.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine did it a month ago( x-mode blinking, check engine light on, EyeSight off etc. After my husband ran the code reader and cleared the codes we were able to turn x-mode off. The codes indicated that the gas cap might not be tight enough. It came on again this morning and my gas cap is fine. When he runs the OBD2 code reader it got the same code which says "Emissions control evaporative system- small leak". He cleared the codes again and all is fine for the moment. I'll update when/if we find the cause. 2017 Subaru Outback

1 - 5 of 5 Posts