Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the Tuxmat floor mats for the Outback for Christmas and thought I would post up my initial thoughts.

I really like the full tub and the material. So far they look really good with our black cloth interior. The rear full width mat is going to save the carpet from our 4 year old and 7 year olds boots. The mats are a little stiff so I had them laid out for day in the house to lose the shipping creases and make them a little more pliable for install. My only concern is around the fuel door. It's a catch 22 though, have the cutout for access or cover it up and have to lift the mat to access.

IMG_5418 by Brad Taylor, on Flickr

Fuel door cutout
IMG_5416 by Brad Taylor, on Flickr

rubber mat for heal

IMG_5417 by Brad Taylor, on Flickr

Clips for securing the mats under factory trim. I only used these in the corners and on the entrance to the door sills.
fullsizeoutput_5354 by Brad Taylor, on Flickr

IMG_5411 by Brad Taylor, on Flickr

IMG_5410 by Brad Taylor, on Flickr

IMG_5413 by Brad Taylor, on Flickr

IMG_5414 by Brad Taylor, on Flickr

·
Super Moderator
25,196 Posts
are those supposed to deaden sound too?

in my experience nothing really gets by the fuel door pull handle that can't be fixed by a shop vac.

I mean like boot water/ mud = all that stays in the main part of the mat.

and the only thing I have had to vac up from under the handle there is maybe a tiny pebble or sand once every 5 years. :smile2:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do like the look of ourweathertech mats in the tundra better but the fit of these are WAY better. The nice thing is it's so dark in the foot wells you can't really see these mats without full sunlight and a door open.

As for sound, nope. They are pretty light weight and would not have enough mass to do much.

it's the slush/salt we see here for 4 months of the year. Falls off boots getting into and out of the car. Might not be an issue.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks for posting. I have been thinking about buying a set of these - wish they’d hurry up and make a cargo liner, too.

If you don’t mind my asking, how far under the driver and passenger seats do the rear mats go? I have aftermarket amps under both and am curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for posting. I have been thinking about buying a set of these - wish they’d hurry up and make a cargo liner, too.

If you don’t mind my asking, how far under the driver and passenger seats do the rear mats go? I have aftermarket amps under both and am curious.

not that far. I'll try and get you pictures today.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
are those supposed to deaden sound too?

in my experience nothing really gets by the fuel door pull handle that can't be fixed by a shop vac.

I mean like boot water/ mud = all that stays in the main part of the mat.

and the only thing I have had to vac up from under the handle there is maybe a tiny pebble or sand once every 5 years. :smile2:
Man, I don't know how you do it. My'13 Husky's had the fuel door cutout. I left it covered and clean a a whistle. My '17 Husky's came with fuel door exposed. Nothing but dirt, water, slush. It was like a funnel. Crusted crud. No way a shop vac could touch it.

I like these liners. Door to door coverage to the sills. Apprehensive about the "dimpled" finish. Might take more than a wipe down to get them to look clean. Probably worth the $210 they are asking but still about double the cost of Husky's.

@thedude306 nice write up.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Man, I don't know how you do it. My'13 Husky's had the fuel door cutout. I left it covered and clean a a whistle. My '17 Husky's came with fuel door exposed. Nothing but dirt, water, slush. It was like a funnel. Crusted crud. No way a shop vac could touch it.

I like these liners. Door to door coverage to the sills. Apprehensive about the "dimpled" finish. Might take more than a wipe down to get them to look clean. Probably worth the $210 they are asking but still about double the cost of Husky's.

@thedude306 nice write up.

If you buy directly from Tuxmat, it’s $267Canada with shipping to the US, which right now is ~$196US.

What I like about these from the reviews I have watched is they do in fact clean up nice. I’ve had Weathertechs in the past and they never get that “new” look back to them, like they oxidize or something.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I love mine as well - much better than Weather Tech in terms of fit. Mine are very tight, no sliding around so I really did not need the fasteners but added a few away just because they came with the mats and thought I should. What I really like is that they are deep and go all the way up to the door sills and the back is one piece that covers the center hump.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

sorry it took so long for pictures. It's kinda hard to tell but the mats sit on the hump under each seat. Both front and back. It doesn't go into the well.

IMG_5432 by Brad Taylor, on Flickr

IMG_5433 by Brad Taylor, on Flickr

·
Registered
96 Posts
Quick update. Mats are working GREAT. It went from -30c to +4c over the last few days here and it's a mess outside.

Loving these deep mats

Hey, did you buy directly from Tuxmat? If so, do you mind sharing the order number with me? I get $10 off and Tuxmat will hook you up with a $10 Amazon gift card.

I’ll DM you my email address

·
Registered
584 Posts
I installed these last night. They are something for sure. I prefer the rubber/plastic look of other traditional all weather mats, but the coverage of these. Wow. They almost seem too nice to put your feet on.

I wonder about the long term durability and wear.

The bumps for the factory mounting points are off a bit so I’ll remove that. I also didn’t figure out the twist clip for the driver side. The hole in the mat was there. Nothing to poke through. Which leaves a spot for water/stuff to fall into. I don’t understand how the clip mounts. Just stick that nail piece into the carpet? Seems odd. Why not use the factory bracket?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I only wanted the fronts as I rarely have backseat passengers. Tux mat didn't have any front only packages in stock but now have sent me an email stating they do. I asked why I cannot buy through Costco.ca and they said that the Subaru have a different price point and Costco cannot order them. No worries, I ordered them from Tuxmat.ca. will update when I get them.

Thank you for your interest in Tuxmat. TuxMat for the Subaru are not available at Costco as these mats belong to a different price tier.
Mats for the 2019 Subaru Outback can be purchased on our TuxMat website by clicking on the link.
If you have any other questions feel free to contact us.
Have a wonderful day~

PS. I took her advice and had a wonderful day.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm about to pull the trigger on these, the coverage looks excellent. Their store is not far from where I live, it's great to see a Canadian company making vehicle products.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Somehow I doubt they are manufactured in Canada. Will let you know tomorrow after they are delivered.
Agreed, probably designed in Canada and made in China or something....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
9 Participants
SubyDubie
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing