Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While at the local Subaru dealership, I was talking to the service writer, who had recently been to a Subaru meeting. He was telling me that future plans for the WRX includes a Twin Turbo set up. While this sounds mighty interesting, I was curious if anyone had tried building such a set up for the Outback? traintrackker

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've always been under the impression that twin turboing anything under a 6 was just over kill and a waste of a turbo and $$$. I remember reading it in Super Street but i also remember they were talking about a 1.8L B18C Honda Block. so i don't know if the 2.2L or 2.5L differ because of size or what. But the guy writing the artical made it sound like he was talking about all brands/types of 4 bangers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The setup is pretty good, there is a heap of low down power that you dont have with an EJ22 and you have a good long distance cruiser to boot. There is a downside offroad that i have found and that is it could do with a higher stall converter, on sand it is ok but mud and climbing hills is where i have noticed it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Wow!!! That is cool seeing a Subie jumping a big sand dune! Looks like great fun!

Todd

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great Pic! I realistically wish that I could afford to modify the Outback into a "blown" set up, but I guess for now, I'll just have to make do...I just wish that that I could do something about the lag once the throttle is dropped...It's like the motor is asleep until the 3 grand realm is reached, then it moves right on out...traintrackker

·
Registered
50 Posts
About twin turbo's in a "4 banger" : the bugatti EB110 (used to be the fastest car (0-60) in the world) has a 3.5L V12 with 4 turbos... that's 1 turbo to 1.167L compared to 1 turbo to 1.25L with the subaru. The bugatti has more than 500HP, 0-60 MPH in 3.5sec.... just something to think about.

enouen

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
Luke_Monroe
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing