Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is too weird, had to share.

i'd been going crazy trying to figure out why my foglights on my 02 OBS had this REALLY strange beam pattern, unlike any fog light i'd ever seen.

on long night drive recently, finally figured out that they were rotated 90 degrees from correct orientation...beam pattern was fine, it was just "on its side". hmmm...look at lenses, sure nuff the Sub letters cast into lens are sideways. but they only mount one way, so how to rotate em 90 degrees to correct?

finally realized that they were swapped from side to side--the right was on L side and vice versa. swapped em, problem fixed.

i'm used to this kind of stuff with the fifth hand sports cars i tend to buy. but this car is really new (35K) one owner car, and shows no evidence of front crash damage or disassembly, so i strongly suspect these were put in that way by THE FACTORY. ???!! plan to mention when i take in for last warr svc tomorrow and see if they've seen any others like this.

creeping GM-ism???? Saab 9-2, anyone? (sadness of this is that Sub's engineers could teach them frozen Swedes a lot abt AWD and Saab's turbo engineers could teach Sub folk a thing or 2 about big boost at low rpm and gas mileage to boot, but i doubt we'll see this sort of engineering transfer, just the platform cost minimization, from the standardization...)

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
apparently not whomever assembled em at the factory...! if this were my Fiat, i'd just assume that the guy who installs em got drunk over lunch...

and correct me if i'm wrong, but it looks from build and ID plates like mine was built in Japan, not Lafayette, IN like the Legacy OB. you'd think the quality control wd be better than this. (altho i've actually been pretty impressed with build quality of Lafayette cars i've seen)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
bheinz57
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing