Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Outback 3.6R
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am posting this since I only saw one old post for a much older model. I put in a new (and defective) dual USB charger in my 2015 Outback 3.6R which blew the fuses. First inclination is to go to fuse marked 12V, pull it out - it's blown. I replace it, it still doesn't work. Right below, there is another fuse (CIGAR on the legend) that was also blown. Replaced that one two and everything is back to normal.

·
Premium Member
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,728 Posts
TWO fuses for front 12V outlet
Nope. Fuse #2 (20 A, circuit FB-33) is for the two 12-volt power outlets in the center console and the rear cargo compartment. Fuse #7 (10 A, circuit FB-34) is for the power outlet in the cubby below the climate control panel.

·
Super Moderator
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
8,558 Posts
Someone musty have put it in one socket, blown the fuse there, then thought it wasn't working. So they then moved on to the other socket they saw nearby to test it there, and did likewise with the second fuse.

Happens all the time with electronic equipment that's configurable for the power source. And people will miss-interpret this outcome from their little experiment all of the time as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts