Subaru Outback Forums banner

UEL header options for 2.5 NA

28K views 36 replies 9 participants last post by  fmxr47 
IIRC, the 06+ manifold/header does not exit the same "location" as the turbo manifolds. Try looking for a manifold for 06+ Impreza, it'll have the same clearance for the oil pan/oil filter as the Legacy.

If you're just after the sound, you could run with the factory 2005 (non U5/Cali spec) header and fabricate your own cat-delete. You'll need an O2 extension harness due to the relocated bung. I assume you'll also reflash the ECU to turn-off the downstream O2 and and cat-efficiency codes.

I think the outlet is in a different location, the Wrx stock manifold looks like they’ll work perfect but I haven’t found any cheap. The leggy gt ones have the right outlet location but the wrong flange, not a big deal though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WRX and 05-09 LGT use the same manifolds, so you'd still be at the same outlet location either way. you have a custom 2nd cat pipe in mind? the OE is angled slightly to match the header/ primary cat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.