Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it’s kinda goofy I want UELs on my 04 obw but I love the Subaru sound and the Outback is all I can get right now. I know there are inexpensive ones on eBay and I know they are decent from what I’ve heard.. I work on cars fairly well. Which kit would fit my outback with an ej251 and what is all involved as far as fitment issues and such.. it won’t be for a bit till after christmas till I buy them but I wanna get all my ducks in a row so I know what I’m doing. I’ll probably keep the stock muffler for a little while as well and switch it eventually. Thanks for your help in Advance!
John

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,325 Posts
did I read this thread before.....? like once a month.

search box in the upper right of the screen is your friend.

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Outback Man. w/All Weather Pkg ( H4 4EAT)
74 Posts
I know it’s kinda goofy I want UELs on my 04 obw but I love the Subaru sound and the Outback is all I can get right now. I know there are inexpensive ones on eBay and I know they are decent from what I’ve heard.. I work on cars fairly well. Which kit would fit my outback with an ej251 and what is all involved as far as fitment issues and such.. it won’t be for a bit till after christmas till I buy them but I wanna get all my ducks in a row so I know what I’m doing. I’ll probably keep the stock muffler for a little while as well and switch it eventually. Thanks for your help in Advance!
John
SS Header for 97-05 Impreza RS Legacy GT/02-05 Outback /TS Wagon 4D NON-turbo

Other than that eagleeye's advice is self explanatory. Equal length headers don't sound bad also.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there any bolt on mufflers that anyone makes that fit these? I’m sure a wrx one won’t haha

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,307 Posts
If all you want is a muffler, any exhaust shop can do that. Not hard to find.

Also, dozens of threads on this/that.

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Outback Man. w/All Weather Pkg ( H4 4EAT)
74 Posts
Is there any bolt on mufflers that anyone makes that fit these? I’m sure a wrx one won’t haha
If all you want is a muffler, any exhaust shop can do that. Not hard to find.

Also, dozens of threads on this/that.

It does fit check out this video that features a gen 2 outback.
Like you said UEL headers achieve the iconic subaru sound. What you typed out seemed like you wanted to get more sound from your vehicle, but more specifically a muffler delete. Since gen 2 OBs come with Equal length headers it'll sound like any generic 4 cylinder, maybe a fart can if the muffler shop doesn't produce good welds.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,325 Posts
[
It does fit check out this video that features a gen 2 outback.
looks like a gen 1 outback EJ25D outback. 1996-99. (on other sites that would be a gen2 legacy,

.. this is the only site that does not include 1990-94 legacy in the generation count,...as legacy outbacks appear in 95-96).

and someone here can say what year red that makes it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I want the uel more. Cause even if it does give a little rumble to where I can mainly hear it driving then that’s cool but if I find it not rumbly or loud enough I was just weighing options on what muffler would be not too loud and toned well for every day driving and not be too obnoxious but still have some sound

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,307 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts