Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited SAP
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woke up this morning to the police ringing my buzzer. My two passenger tires were slashed on my '13 OB SAP overnight.

Which leads me to my next decision... I know a lot of people hate on the Contis. Do I replace with OEM Conti's or upgrade all four? They only have 5k miles on them.

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited 2.5i
112 Posts
YOu need to replace all 4 tires because uneven wear may cause issues with the AWD system; due to the slight difference in rotation speed.

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited 2.5 EyeSight & 2010 Legacy Premium, 2010 OB Limited (traded)
2,129 Posts
With only 5k on the car you should have only wore off about 1/32" of the tread which is well within the spec for replacing just 2 tires per Subaru. Check your owner's manual but you have to do some math being they list the spec by circumference not tread depth. It should work out to about 2/32" tread depth difference allowed.
I would just replace the 2 damaged tires as long as you are within spec. Not everybody hates the Conti Pro Contacts. Here is a very good thead on them with one poster who switched to Defenders and returned to the Conti Pro Contacts:: http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums...-procontact-ecoplus-vs-michelin-defender.html

·
Registered
2013 3.6R SAP BBP Outback
717 Posts
If your tires might get slashed again, just get 2 Contis and call it good. No sense putting several hundred dollars into a full set.

·
Registered
2011 Outback 3.6 Premium
723 Posts
With a 2013 your tires are probably like new. If that's the case, just buy 2 new Conti's. Insurance may cover the cost.

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,704 Posts
yep, I agree, less than 2/32" difference, buy 2 of the same make model. especially if they go on one SIDE of the car. open diffs are your friend this time.

hope they catch the [email protected]@rd that did it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts