Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so any of you Suby owbers have a light under your hood? I am going to allegedly build one for my MY02 OBS. I haven't found any Subaru so far that has one from the factory. Anyone have one? Brian

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,545 Posts
don't neglect the trunk of many mid-upscale sedans. The older Oldsmobiles have a mercury tilt switch activating the buld when you open the trunk. re-using one of those would be both convenient and potentially keep a little mercury outta the environment.

·
Registered
1 sapp. blue wgn. 1 white LMTD wgn. 2.5L's
10 Posts
bheinz57 said:
Okay, so any of you Suby owbers have a light under your hood? I am going to allegedly build one for my MY02 OBS. I haven't found any Subaru so far that has one from the factory. Anyone have one? Brian
I was thinking of making a set for my wagons which niether has one, I made one for my last car a toyota celica. I used the coil cord from a lighter accesory and a switch and sealed bulb which I put a mounting on the fuse box cover it was perfect I also used it to change a flat at night. Regards

·
Registered
Formerly 04 Outback 3.0R VDC, now 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS DiD
1,617 Posts
94 model BMW 540i have an under hood light, if you could find one of those in the wrecker it would be good for what you want, has a switch on the side and is a nice low profile so it won't hit anything under the hood. :D

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jondalar, that's just it, the clearance. I don't have much room to work with if the light is attached to the hood itself. To be honest, I am losing interest in the whole thing due to other projects and a $4.88 compact 12v light you can get at Wal Mart. That's about all you need for emergency under hood lighting. Brian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts