Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed how it seems that all the power for all the windows goes through the driver's side door? IE Try putting every winow down (YOU STUPID WINDOW, I CAN'T even SEE THROUGH YOU) at the same time verse just one window at a time.

I've thought about setting up a whole new relay system to power each window individually. Just wanted to hear some thoughts about it. Anyone have a quick link to some schematics of the power windows or where I might start looking?

Enouen

·
Registered
151 Posts
It's been kicked around as "common wisdom" to not operate more than window at a time in a car, I think some manuals even address this. However, I don't have any trouble using the 2 fronts in my OBS at the same time. All my Fords, when I tried to do the fronts at the same time, the passenger would always move slower, but not the case in the Subie or Mazda :rolleyes:

A co-worker had a loaner Sebring recently (last gen), and she had me show her how to use the top... interestingly, when you held the switch down to put the top down, it would roll down all 4 windows at the same time automatically. Chrysler must have beefed up that circuit...

Sorry, just rambling, I guess this isn't terribly helpful. Perhaps if you listed your year/model here others could pipe in. Maybe all the electronics in your sig are putting a strain on the battery as well? :)

-Peter

1 - 2 of 2 Posts